Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine




I love you because.....


You love Jesus.

You love me, our boys, our parents, our siblings, their children...you love family.

You are balanced in your approach to life.

You care about staying fit.

You care about me staying fit, but don't criticize me when I don't.

You make friends wherever you go.

People (including our boys) listen when you speak.

You love change.

You are always trying to better yourself in some way.

You are also confident in your greatness just like you are.

You are creative, and yes, innovative.

You are the only man I have ever been attracted to both inside and out.

You are our family's fearless leader.

You are our family's provider. (above and beyond)

You support me being home with the boys as a full time job.

You have common sense.

You are always thinking and planning.

You rarely have idle time.

You are a talented athlete.

You are intensely competitive. (you're intense, period)

You are a perfectionist.

You respect your parents, and mine.

You never drag your feet about anything, you dive right in.

You are not embarrassed to admit failure (that one time it happened)

You succeed at most everything.

You will admit when you are wrong.

You misplace things and ask me where they are.

You love to eat out.

You will quietly eat oatmeal when dinner is a flop.

You are not afraid to face life's toughest challenges head on.

You make our marriage pretty easy.

You are strong.

You invest in our future.

You love road trips.

You are the perfect role model for the boys (we should feel we've done our job if they turn out just like you.)

You are completely honest. (even when honesty is the difficult path)

You can be trusted completely.

You don't run from conflict.(you are actually pretty good at it)

You are really good looking.

You are a trendsetter.

You are an individual, never trying to blend in with the crowd.

You have an exceptional eye for detail.

You have impeccable tastes.

You make things beautiful.

You are decisive.

You drive a 2003 Ford Taurus instead of a big Dodge Ram.

You are the all time BEST coach ever. (the perfect balance of discipline and fun)

You are the BEST dad in the world.

You have grown compassionate towards people.

You always know the right thing to say.

You really don't like weddings, but you go to one now and again to humor me.

You cast great vision.

You dream big.

You can accomplish more in a day than anyone I know.

You also know that you need days where all you accomplish is rejuvenation.

You like to stay up late and sleep in.

You cannot sit still long.

You get cabin fever in a hurry.

You hate potluck dinners and casseroles.

Your standards for cleanliness are catching.

You always make me laugh.

You make everyone laugh.

You don't really care what others think of you, but most admire you anyhow.

You let our boys be boys.

You allow football, baseball, and basketball in the house...even the living room.

You don't even notice when the house is a mess.

You will indulge me when I worry over little things where the boys are concerned.

You exude confidence and inspire it in those whose lives you touch.

You are amazing in front of a crowd. (inspirational and entertaining)

You are a hypochondriac, yet at the deepest level you trust in the Lord.

You admire your dad.

You always go to bat for those who work for you, even if you have to privately reprimand later.

You are a great employee with a hard working, get things done kind of attitude.

You are fun to be around.

You are ever so patient with my weaknesses.

You are faithful.

You are a great man of faith.

You are building an incredible legacy.

You are truly one in a million.

You are mine.


10 comments:

Mom said...

What a great way to show your hubby and the blog world how much you love him! Happy VDay!

Angela said...

What a GREAT post, Steph!
Very sweet tribute to your wonderful husband ... and I know he'd have a million more things to say about YOU!

Lorren Says... said...

(sigh) How sweet! You two are an amazing couple and I'm so blessed to know you. :)

Rachel Cobb said...

I'm still trying to decide which I like better... the post or the photo! They are both great!

Anonymous said...

Dear Steph & Chris,

Happy Valentine's Day, a day late! I so enjoyed reading your blog...I especially loved the picture, I remember that special day very well!
I not only admire you both for your love and devotion to each other, but to the Lord as well. You are a wonderful example to your boys and to all you know.
xo
stace

Star Molegraaf said...

Love the picture, love the post!

Stacie said...

i'm speechless. well, i guess if i were really speechless, i wouldn't e leaving a comment. what an amazing, inspiring tribute to your man. what an awesome couple the two of you are! love you both!

Christie said...

I bet you made Chris proud!! you made me smile!! SO Sweet!!!

Rick said...

Wow, lots of lovin' there. I'd married him too - but that's not legal yet, and really he's not my type.

Exum Family said...

why doesn't my mind work like that? what an amazing idea. that was one of the sweetest things i've ever read. i love that you put your wedding photo on there! i only wish i would think of things like that. maybe someday...