Friday, June 27, 2008

A call to prayer

Hello faithful readers! My sister's dear friend Karri has kept her in the loop on a situation with her sister in law and in turn, Stacie has kept me in the loop. Her experience has weighed very heavily on my heart this week and the Lord has been faithful to remind me to pray for her, but today I felt it was time to involve all of you. As you may have noticed, I have some links on the sidebar for people who need ongoing prayer (don't we all, really? but these folks are facing some extenuating circumstances at this point in their lives and could use all the prayer they can get!) I wanted to add a new link and highlight it here in a post so you could all read her story and pray for her. Karri's sis in law's name is Shelli Ward. Briefly, she has been battling breast cancer for over a year and has had some huge victories. Recently she had a setback in that a lesion was found on her brain and she underwent surgery to remove that. She is an amazing person and her strength, faith and courage in the face to this terrible trial has been an inspiration to me. Please check her link out and read up on her situation as you can but mostly pray for her complete recovery! And while you are over there surfing the links, don't forget to read up and pray for the others on the list. Thank you so much for your prayers!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/shelliward

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Thank you for posting this so many more can be praying for Shelli and the Windsor/Ward family.