Thursday, March 13, 2008

Third grade Field Trip to the Zoo

Coleman and I just waiting on the buses to arrive.
Here is what we got when we had to ask the boys to calm down a little.
And here are some of the monkeys in action.

Coleman and I crashed the third grade field trip to the zoo yesterday. We couldn't have asked for a better day for it. I must confess I have serious anxiety issues about sending my kids off on field trips without me or Chris as a chaperon. He was planning to go and got called into a mandatory meeting at the last minute, so Coleman and I packed our lunch and set out. I suppose at some point, I am going to have to lighten up a little, but for now....

6 comments:

Mom said...

I think I would be the same way!

Lorren Says... said...

How fun! I love field trips. I'm sure the weather was great and a lot of the animals were out. So glad you got to go.

Exum Family said...

Stephanie, I am a friend of Natalie's. I saw that you left a comment on her blog and wondered if you were the same person I remember from my junior high (or was it early high school) days. I met you a long time ago when Natalie took me to the Met in Houston. I wasn't a believer at the time, but Natalie's work in my life was not fruitless (as I gave my life to the Lord in 1997). I don't know if you knew or remember Jason Exum, but I married him. I know he did a DNow for your hubby back in 1998. Anyway, I have enjoyed reading your blog. Yu are a wonderful encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I rarely missed a field trip with any of my three!! They really are a lot of fun and you do get to know the other children. You are not being over-protective but very wise. A counselor called me once to tell me that someone else's child had volunteered us for a middle school field trip!! Keep going, you'll love em!
Mom/Granny

Kathryn said...

"Mandatory" meeting made me lol....sorry. :)

I will be the same way when my boys start going on field trips. I will be right there with them! I can't believe how big your boys are!!!! Yikes! We miss you guys!

Michael and Jana said...

I had to wonderful delight of meeting the Ryan family today. Thank you again for making that connection for us. God Bless!